No matter how hard or well you plan something in life, there is always the chance that something will go wrong that is completely out of your control. Well, that’s what I tell myself anyway to make myself feel better about how many things go wrong in my life.
Whether your mistakes involve getting a mouthful of soap, uncovering one the greatest lies in the music industry, or accidentally filling your slippers with spaghetti, then here are some pictures that should make you feel better about your own mistakes and show you that you are not alone in this world. Here are 12+ things that just didn’t work out.
1. “I work in IT, finding this in the server room made my day!”
Reddit | Kimentor
Ah, the old hit it with a hammer solution. I’ve been using this technique on everything for as long as I can remember. It really didn’t help when my cousins’ dog was sick though. What a messy day that was.
2. “Spotted in the washroom at work…”
Reddit | tgabben
Yeah, those dispensers never do. I thought the Glade ones would be different, but they’re worse than the rest if anything.
3. Kellis Lied!
Reddit | canyewknot
One astute person pointed out that the milkshake that this person is using is clearly Dairy Queen milkshake. However, the song specifies that the milkshake used to entice the boys to said yard, must be your own.
4. “Broke my wrist and had to get surgery. Now my wrist says ‘goove’.”
Reddit | sharkbait1387
Lots of people shared ideas of how to join up the tattoo and make it work. However, a lot of people rightly warned that tattoos can heal weirdly over scar tissue.
5. “I was extremely sad and thought ‘I can’t wait to go home and see my cat, he will make me happy’. Ok well I found out he was more depressed than me.”
Reddit | gianlucadelonge
Dude, what the hell have you been doing to your cat? Cats are meant to be aloof and carefree, not weighed down by all of the emotional pressures that the world has to offer. Get that cat some catnip stat.
6. “My night after work.”
Reddit | Symmetry888
I bet this guy really regretties dropping his spaghetti! I don’t know why I find playing around with the word spaghetti so fun, I just do. But, seriously though, this guy needs to get to work immediately on that carpet to avoid a stain.
7. “My mom accidentally left her mirror in front of the window over the day. After coming back she found this…”
Reddit | Saftgeaicht
Great, so now along with check that I’ve turned the straighteners off, I’ve got to make sure that no mirrors are set up to burn my house down like a child burning ants.
8. “The cafe where I work got broken into. The thief was greeted by this note I left inside the register.”
Reddit | LemonLimeTart
I mean, it didn’t work out for the thief, but I guess it did for the person who works there. Aso, I might need to make one of those notes to put in my wallet.
9. “Work Perks.”
Reddit | NeedMoneyForVagina
I’m assuming that they work in a hotel or something along those lines. Also, is it bad that I still kind of want to try it even though I know it is soap.
10. “+1 to the smartass who put a motion activated sticker on the paper towels at work that are NOT motion activated!”
Reddit | CncertLuvr
I can safely say that I would have been waving my hands around in front of that like an idiot for ages before I realized.
11. “My girlfriend’s cat looks like she’s been working the drive-thru window for too long.”
Reddit | kirrk
I think she seems more bummed out that someone has slapped a “caution, heavy” sticker underneath her window. Stop fat-shaming your cat!
12. “I don’t think my mom understands how her rice cooker works.”
Reddit | Uedn
Oh, wow, and I thought I was bad in the kitchen. They’re going to have a lot of fun trying to clean plastic off a stovetop. Trust me, this is a road I’ve been down many times before, that plastic is going nowhere in a hurry.
13. The Purple Marker Conundrum
Reddit | crunch465
The purple marker bandit strikes again. What does he need them for? Who knows! Are his aims probably nefarious? Yes!
14. “Seen on the way to work. Guy on his Harley wearing fake tattoo sleeves.”
Reddit | xstormtroopax
I know that they’re meant to be tight and all, but this guy’s fingers must be completely drained of blood! Get a size up next time… or, you know, get the goddamn tattoos for real!
15. “Someone forgot how an acronym works.”
Reddit | Mish_b
“So, you definitely know what an acronym is now Mr. Davidson?”
“Yep, it’s a sort of Vol-au-vent?”
“I’ll just do the new sign myself.”
16. “Got laid off – my work friends nailed my going away cake.”
Reddit | llamaface9603
I’d love a cake like this to be made for me at any time, just surprise me with it whenever and I am certain it would match my mood!
17. “Button lift broke and dumped me on my ass half way up the slope.”
Reddit | example12334
And just like that. hundreds of lawyers leapt forth from the snow, begging to represent them in a lawsuit.
18. “Do they work for child’s rooms?”
Reddit | FIREATWlLL
So, for all of you who keep your children in dog cages, you may want to steer clear of this product.
19. “Won a bet against my boss nearly a year ago. Came in to see that he finally paid me…in pennies.”
Reddit | thenation7
I wonder how elated the cashier was in the bank when your boss came in and asked for $100 in pennies?
20. “I work at an outback. Someone actually complained about this.”
Reddit | themeandoggie
Wait, do they mean that no one was speaking in an Australian accent, or do they mean that they wanted people to be speaking in a foreign language only known to Australians? Because, if the latter is the case, they’ve got some explaining to do.
21. “I’m at work right now and I decided to check up on my puppy on my new home security camera. All I can do is watch…”
Reddit | SomeChickkkk
“Sir, I need to go home for an… emergency.”
“Is this about your new puppy?”
“…Sir, I have an antique owl that desperately needs saving!”
22. “My local news channel doesn’t know how bar graphs work.”
Reddit | 2ofSorts
Now, I’ve seen some blatant and terrible attempt to mislead people in my time, but this one absolutely takes the biscuit!
23. “A friend who works at GM posted this today.”
Reddit | KCtheKing
I don’t even understand why comic sans is a font anymore? I didn’t even use it as a kid. I’m a Helvetica man since birth!
24. I Can’t See That Working Out Well At All
Reddit | britainunwrapped
Forget all of those new Dawn/Rise/whatever-they’re-called Planet Of The Ape reboots, this is how the Planet Of The Apes really happens.
25. “In 5th grade I was worried I would blink and mess up my year book photo.”
Reddit | wholebunchofbees
Well, one thing is for sure, they didn’t blink! However, I can’t say my parents would have been too happy with this photo!
26. “How my dad deals with his asshole neighbor who checks with the city whenever anyone does any work on their property.”
Reddit | jumpedthesnark
I guarantee that Larry still checked whether they had a permit to do what they were doing. And then, they probably check to see if they had a permit for putting up giant signs on their lawn.
27. “Had to put these on the doors at work today.”
Reddit | Novandalis
Being forced to work when you should be sent home is a horrible feeling if you’re in the service industry specifically. One person in the comments actually went on to share this story of their own experience:
“Called in sick once when I worked as a cashier. I had a bad cold, had lost my voice almost completely and looked like death. I was told someone else had already called in, so I had to come in anyway or I’d lose my job. I worked like that over half the day, until a customer asked to speak to my manager. I assumed she was about to complain about me for being slow and quiet.
“But, she demanded to know why someone who looked the way I did was working. When my manager started making excuses, the customer asked her why she couldn’t do it herself and then said she was going to call corporate to report the manager. I was sent home on the spot. I wanted to hug that customer!”
28. “About finishing the book only to discover that 10 pages are missing.”
Reddit | AlphaPlutonium
Whoever had this book before you is a monster, I guarantee that they ripped out the most important pages as well.
29. “Accidentally glued the rear view mirror mounting tab on backwards and then broke the windshield trying to take it back off.”
Reddit | samerooo
I don’t even know if this sort of idiocy is covered by your insurance? I’d probably just pay to get it fixed and avoid the embarrassment of asking.
30. “Tape measure embedded in concrete.”
Reddit | Davegrohl324
This sort of makes you wonder what other stuff is out there lurking in concrete. What else have people dropped into the foundations of buildings do you wonder?
31. “DIY Fail.”
Reddit | jetaimezombies
Listen, I’ve had cats, and they can jump pretty high. I think you’re fine.
32. “She traded me for the window seat before we got on the plane.”
Reddit | Fsf89
Even without the window, at least she gets a nice wall to lean on instead of a stranger.
33. “This kid ran into a lamppost while chasing his favorite soccer player.”
Reddit | FusRoChris
This one kind of did work out for him, just with some side effects. He’s still putting on a good face for the camera, though.
34. These two fellas just unloaded 6000 bricks to the wrong address.
Reddit | eslamhanoura
Not only will they be putting in overtime, but overwork and overexhaustion.
35. The absolute worst place for a flood.
Reddit | Xplosiv27
This is the electric car version of smoking at a gas pump.
36. He tried so hard, and got so far.
Reddit | adityar1802
And in the end, it really didn’t matter. At least it gave him something to do for a while.
37. “Not only did grandpa already have this shirt, he was wearing it when he unwrapped it.”
Reddit | BJK5150
Well it really is the thought that counts isn’t it? And you can confidently say you know what his taste is for future gifts!
38. “Feeling like Kevin from the office right now.”
Reddit | GoAwayK
If we examine the picture, it looks like he was wearing crocs, which I would blame first before I blame the cat.
39. “Forgetting about your pizza for 8 hours. Burnt so bad it looks like a double-chocolate brownie.”
Reddit | daddysnakeboi
How you can’t realize that you’ve had your oven on for eight hours is one thing, but not being able to smell this black brick of misery? I’m almost impressed.
40. When you’re so famous people don’t believe you.
Reddit | GallowBoob
Tony Hawk’s life really has gone full circle in the realm of fame. This must almost be a relief compared to being recognized and stopped all the time everywhere.
41. “Local pet supply store gets real.”
Reddit | s1s2g3a4
Pet store owner giveth, pet store owner taketh away. Really though, learn to control your kids if they act like this.
42. “The lady at the courthouse neglected to tell me I was looking at the wrong camera.”
Reddit | applesauzzy
Now whenever she shows her ID she’ll have to turn her head ever so slightly.
43. “Somebody didn’t strap the egg trolleys in properly on the truck. 10,500 eggs broken.”
Reddit | yourmate24
Everything about this scenario is bad. The mistake itself, the smell, the texture of cleaning up all those eggshells, the fact that you have to clean up all those eggshells. Awful all around.
44. “My friend works as an extra in movies and does stock photography…just saw him pictured as a sex offender on a bus in Florida”
Reddit | devandangers
Here’s hoping he stays out of Florida then. Or that no one retains bus ads.
45. List Item #45
Reddit | PlanetCEC
Even he doesn’t look impressed about it, and he’s a comedian! At least he’s getting free material out of it.