The Rolling Stones once famously sang, “You Can’t Always Get What You Want”, which is a real shame as I want nothing more than for the Rolling Stones to stop being a thing and fade into relative obscurity so that I can finally stop hearing and seeing Mick Jagger’s infuriating voice and face.
However, sometimes people do get what they want, but not necessarily in the way that they planned. So, without further ado here are 14+ people who got what they wanted in a weird way!
1. “Buddy jokingly decided to get a henna tattoo of a mustache. The worker didn’t understand what he was saying, so asked him to write down what he wanted.”
What is great about this is that once that wears off, they’ll have a lovely tan line of the word “mustache” as well.
2. “This was posted on a Professor’s door.”
Reddit | Tyrionlannister15
Getting students to fill out course evaluations can be incredibly difficult. However, this professor clearly had no issues!
3. “If your buddy says he can definitely do a fade, don’t listen. Source: me.”
Look, it’s a fade, that is just a fact. However, it is also a fact that it is a terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE fade!
4. All Publicity Is Good Publicity
Reddit | Voodootroy
Actually, being related to Carole Baskin is definitely bad publicity in this current climate!
5. “Don’t want to be that guy.”
Reddit | primethos
How far into this do you reckon the person making the pizza just gave up and put no peppers on it whatsoever?
6. “I asked my boyfriend to join my Zoom meeting to critique my assignment presentation.”
Reddit | Simplyme__
You asked him for his help… this is just how he helps! By creeping around in waiting rooms.
7. “Woman buys an ‘ugly lamb’ cake and manages to make it even uglier.”
Reddit | SmilingAssassin23
Oh good God! And your nightmares tonight will be brought to you by this terrifying demon Easter lamb!
8. “The balloon guy had a binder for kids to pick what they wanted. The last page was the best.”
Reddit | ryati
I particularly like that for the hyphen, he didn’t even bother taking a picture of a balloon sideways. He still took the picture of the balloon upright then just turned the picture horizontal… if that makes any sense?
9. “My 4 yo son reassembled my Keyboard after cleaning…”
Reddit | Wastey111
Oh sure, you’re always asking your kids to help clean up, but when they do it’s not up to your ridiculously high standards! At least they tried!
10. “No snapchat, that’s not what I wanted…”
Reddit | Perrinho
Nope, I think that this is exactly what they wanted. Though they may not have known they wanted it, this is perfection.
11. “I told my husband I wanted a picture alone with Jason Momoa, but he wasn’t comfortable with that.”
Reddit | twoforjoy
Oh, yeah, that husband absolutely made the right choice here. Why let your wife have a picture with Jason Mamoa on her own when you can have one of Jaso Mamoa punking you in front of your wife.
12. “My little cousin wanted to be a road for Halloween, so my aunt made her this costume.”
Reddit | Messyhook
I love this costume idea! I don’t know why someone would want to dress up like a road, but they’re killing it!
13. “Wife squeezed some cream into my hand. This is how it came out.”
Reddit | kwyjibowen
Oh, come on guys! Ge your minds out of the gutter! This is clearly not a phallus, but a… nope, there is absolutely nothing else I think that this could be resembling.
14. Orange Cat Required!
Reddit | ryusomad
Every person who owns a cat dreams of their cat being a star… and this is one of the strangest ways to make your cat a star! By having them play a prominent cartoon cat in a live-action remake.
15. “Please enjoy my dad playing minigolf.”
Reddit | Zuckerschneggle
I mean, it’s important to play to your strengths! Improvise, adapt, overcome!
16. “For her tenth birthday, my daughter wanted lasagna. Sure thing kid.”
Reddit | Johnnyoneshot
I know exactly what I will be asking for my next birthday! It’s a cake you can reheat whenever you want some!
17. “14-year-old boy wanted to know if John Cleese had a fan club. This was his reply.”
Reddit | Anomatia
As a man who grew up on Monty Python and Fawlty Towers, I absolutely love this response! It does annoy me that it should be “Michael Palin’s fan cub” though.
18. “My college doesn’t want us to make popcorn in their microwaves.”
Reddit | Pupperochini
It’s a pretty solid argument! About the being able to cook what you want in the microwave that is… not about the meth specifically. Don’t do meth kids! I feel like this list has really gone off track based upon the fact that I just had to write a disclaimer about not doing meth.
19. The Ultimate Stress Relief Technique!
Reddit | sk77s
As a man who has been given a lot of tactics to tackle being stressed over the years, I can vouch that this one is the most effective… even if it may not seem to be.
20. “I just wanted a BLT with cheese not judgement!”
Reddit | memphispunk
The person who wrote this on there had to know exactly what they were doing! There was no need to write the “h” at the end!
21. “My girlfriend wanted a cute photo of her on our last day of vacation.”
Reddit | putsomecolourson
I had a lot of questions about this, as you probably do. Apparently, the reason she is wearing Nikes is, “Croatia’s stone beaches aren’t fun on the feet”. Also, the reason why she is topless is because, “It’s perfectly fine here on the beaches. Quite a lot of nudist beaches also.”
22. “My GF hinted she’d like a teddy bear for Valentine’s day. I hope she likes it.”
Reddit | MentalRobot
No teddy bears should ever have human teeth! This is wildly unpleasant and it is likely possessed by the spirit of a Victorian child.
23. “My daughter didn’t want me to take down her favorite Halloween decoration, so I improvised.”
Reddit | MaMaJillianLeanna
Nothing will make people be creative quite like putting off the simple task of taking down holiday decorations.
24. “My gf wanted a piggy back picture on the beach and a random biker watching the sunset wanted one too.”
Reddit | sizertl
Look how made up they both look! Not the couple on the left, I mean the real couple on the right!
25. “Switch game my little brother wanted to gift me was only digitally available, but he wanted me to be able to unwrap something so recreated the package…”
Reddit | gugugagatg
The little brother obviously took some “creative liberties” and I love it! The real game, for those who don’t know, is “Cuphead”, and good God it is one of the hardest games of all time.
26. “My wife wanted to make sure that someone took a picture of the expression on our faces when our daughter was born today. So I took one.”
Reddit | gilsolano12
I’m sure that this guy got appropriately chewed out for this after the baby was born! I’d have waited and got it framed for the wife’s next birthday!
27. Exactly What He Asked For
Reddit | Ortesk
He looks absolutely overjoyed with this prank! This is the face of a kid whose parents have made him pose with their joke so that they can get internet points.
28. “Everyone seems to have photogenic cats and mines just here like:”
Reddit | _Potato_Cat_
Sure, everyone wants a photogenic cat, but not all cats are photogenic. I have the same problem with my cat, she always looks like she’s holding in a sneeze somehow.
29. “My local Super 8 is being rebuilt. I didn’t know why until I saw the sign.”
Reddiit | AdmiralSkippy
Is there any other way you’re supposed to get rid of spiders besides total demolition?
30. “My parents are retiring and want to travel full time. My brother sent them this suitcase for Christmas.”
Reddit | dawndollygolden
Not only is this genuinely funny and incredible, but I don’t think anyone will be trying to steal your luggage any time soon!
31. “This is from my 12 year old brother.”
Reddit | dillpickels16
Whew, isn’t gift giving supposed to be happy and fun? Why do this to someone?
32. “A local farm where I live had trouble with their flock all wanting to sleep in the same house, each night they have to go break them up. The other night they found their dog had joined in.”
Reddit | Elatedonion
Humans have pillows filled with feathers, is this really any different?
33. “Cancelled my gym membership, did not expect the response.”
Reddit | itsakoala
It troubles me greatly to know that I, who writes for a living, could never produce something greater than this gym breakup letter.
34. “My husband always got colored pencils for his birthday and Christmas growing up and he hates them cause he’s colorblind. He’s wanted an iPhone forever so today I bought him one and this is how I wrapped it.”
Reddit | jabberingginger
While this is a great move, which of his cruel family members decided to give him colored pencils the first time?
35. “I told my students that if almost all of them did an online test they could choose my facial hair.”
Reddit | mossimo654
In the students’ defense, not the worst style they could have picked.
36. “My son asked the elf to bring him a Nintendo switch. He found this in his stocking this morning and was sorely disappointed.”
Reddit | Picklesk
Team ’em specificity early, keep them detail-oriented for life.
37. “College in a nutshell.”
Reddit | remoestmoi
I get that college’s want to put their funds towards technology and labs or whatever, but could they put bathroom comfort at a priority just once.
38. “$2.99? A bargain if I ever saw one.”
Reddit | superbuddahpunk
This is written like I wouldn’t want to hear a cat alongside my rain sounds. You don’t know what I find comforting.
39. “My son started to cry when he saw Santa, so I decided it’d be a good idea if we all joined to.”
Reddit | the_trynes
The purest example of “if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em”. Good on Santa for hopping in on it too.
40. “2 steps into walking down the aisle. He said ‘Goddamit Jeri, did my pants just fall down?’.”
Reddit | ufjeff
That’s one way to ensure your wedding will be memorable.
41. “Saw this at uni today.”
Reddit | UnRePlayz
I think ‘act like your Mum’s here’ is good advice for going just about anywhere.
42. “Our cat loves his new electric toothbrush!”
Reddit | diggy123456789
There’s a lot happening here, but I’m glad everyone’s having a good time!
43. “What happens when you don’t notice the ‘kids-size’ part of the ad when ordering furniture online.”
Reddit | musicforthedeaf
I’d love to have this chair. Then you could make all of your other furniture tiny as well and live like a giant!
44. “My girlfriend and her friends tried to take a group photo, Alfie wanted to be in it as well.”
Reddit | young_filmmaker
One of these girls better have framed this picture, it’s a keeper.
45. “Grandma recently passed. She saved every picture from every grandchild for each of us to have when she died. Found this in mine lol.”
Reddit | Knopfler_PI
I love that she kept all of the grandkid’s artwork! I’d like to think that my nan kept all of my artwork… but my artwork sucked, and we’re a family of harsh critics if nothing else!