The internet loves it when people have no regard for their general wellbeing or public image and do daft stuff on the hoof. Generally, these sorts of things take the form of people taking unfortunate selfies that really miss the mark, washing their hands with cheese after thinking it is soap and other such unfortunate mistakes.
No matter how small or seemingly insignificant someone’s mistake is, there is guaranteed to be people on the internet who will find it hilarious… more often than not because they are just glad that they didn’t do it! So, without further ado, here are 17+ times people really should’ve been more careful!
1. “I had to cut down a tree in my yard and now I feel bad.”
Reddit | wer190
I don’t care how you do it, or how much it costs, but you get that tree back together immediately!
2. “I went grocery shopping and my husband put everything away… it’s a blue box so it must be pasta.”
Reddit | HarleenQuinzel0330
I don’t know what he’s planning on cooking with them, but you can count me out of coming to dinner!
3. “Facebook gem.”
Reddit | AltF0
Looks like they needed to pivot more. That’s gonna leave a fair few marks trying to get that out!
4. “The lady at the courthouse neglected to tell me I was looking at the wrong camera.”
Reddit | applesauzzy
And this isn’t just a simple quick fix mistake! That’s going to be with you for a very long time indeed!
5. “Just realized my soap wasn’t working because it’s literally a block of cheese.”
Reddit | lionellrichie
I understand that cheese is life for a lot of us, but this might be taking things a little too far.
6. “My friend’s GF’s dad sent them an xxxxl cutting board for their housewarming by mistake.”
Reddit | gwackr
But, why does this thing even exist in the first place?! How big are the vegetables that the people who made this are chopping?
7. “How (not) to make some Lighthouse shaped cookies.”
Reddit | akashdas323
The top comment on this one was someone suggesting that “If you chill your dough before baking it should hold its shape!” However, I have no idea if this actually works as my culinary skills peak at boiling Super Noodles.
8. “Somebody didn’t strap the egg trolleys in properly on the truck. 10,500 eggs broken.”
Reddit | yourmate24
Oh you must be yolking… okay, look, I’m already sorry for saying that, can we just move on and pretend that didn’t happen.
9. “Lost my wallet 3 days ago, finally ordered new cards and then…”
Reddit | dragonboy2734
As someone who frequently loses their wallet, I can feel your pain. There are few things more disheartening than canceling all of your cards, only to find them moments later.
10. “Woman ends up in hospital after mistaking builders expanding foam for hair mousse.”
Reddit | ReadyPlayer85
It’s definitely a look. If Beyonce did this people would be heralding it as the new trend though! I mean… maybe.
11. “Yesterday my grandfather gifted me his fathers watch… tonight it fell off my desk.”
REddit | Wk052403
Thankfully, this person eventually posted an update to say that the insides weren’t damaged and that the glass was replaceable.
12. An Easy Mistake To Make?
Reddit | HiTripp
Learning about nautical equipment can be much more fun than a strip club anyway! And there’s a thing I never thought I would say!
13. “My photo in my college card.”
Reddit | Vendruscolo
That’s what you get for standing so far away from the camera! They’ll have a job using that for ID anywhere that’s for sure unless they take a magnifying glass with them wherever they go.
14. “Whoever designed this logo made a terrible mistake.”
Reddit | j1002s
Surely it would have been easier to replace the J with something that looks like a J… something like, a saxophone perhaps?
15. “It was a great day till this moment.”
Reddit | pp0787
This looks like something straight out of Looney Tunes. I wouldn’t be surprised if Wile E. Coyote popped his head out of this imprint and held up a sign saying, “Mother…”
16. Pole Dancing In The Street
Reddit | DizzyDrunkDude
Now, call me crazy, but I think that alcohol may have played a part in this. Nothing makes people less careful in life than alcohol!
17. “.5 seconds before realizing she missed the glass.”
Reddit | catnip4sale
I think that everyone should pause for a minute silence at this point in the list, in honor of the spilled nectar of the Gods.
18. “My friend had a mosquito bite on her forehead the other night. Went through her selfies and found this.”
Reddit | youclevermedicine
I mean, it’s amazing that they managed to capture the exact moment, but I don’t think that it is much of a surprise that a mosquito bite came from a mosquito is it?
19. “Was supposed to leave tomorrow to fly across the world after saving for months. Left passport on the side table and my dog got a hold of it.”
Reddit | suplexcitybih
This person went on to write that, “[Today I learned that] you will be denied boarding even with the smallest tear in your passport.”
20. “Friend tried to take a mirror selfie… Look closely.”
Reddit | UNew
Lovely how the big old smudge on it helps to make it look like she’s got a runny nose as well. Perfect!
21. “Left some cookies on the table where the cat could reach them”
Reddit | hostile_pufferfish
hostile_pufferfish 19 hours ago Left some cookies on the table where the cat could reach them
22. “It was a cold two hour drive back home with a boarded up back window.”
Reddit | Shawnaleo
The person who posted this has an old car, complete with the weird intricacies that old cars often have. Their friend didn’t know of these intricacies and proceeded to shatter the back window while trying to close it.
23. “When the bakers make the mix wrong and don’t realize yeast doesn’t just stop working because it’s in a dumpster.”
Reddit | TELME3
I get that not every batch will be perfect, but surely as bakers these people should understand that dough tends to rise whether it’s thrown out or not.
24. “Travelex ATM dies as money is being dispensed … there goes 200£. It could take 45 days to see my money!”
Reddit | shubiecanuck
So do you just wait around, possibly indefinitely, in case the machine does decide to spit your money out?
25. “Passed out in an Uber last night and put in the wrong address. Took a $150 ride instead of a $10 dollar ride”
Reddit | DaBooch425
This is a good reminder that the night isn’t over when you get into a cab. The night is over when you’re comfy in your own bed.
26. “He just tested positive for coronavirus”
Reddit | agt13
Let’s hope Rudy Gobert gets better soon, but this is a profoundly dumb way to become the NBA’s patient zero for coronavirus.
27. “Turning left and Bam! My axle snapped”
Reddit | mr-babydeek
These are the kinds of things that can theoretically go wrong with cars, but that you just kind of hope won’t ever happen to you.
28. “It turns out that plastic bowl was not safe for microwave use”
Reddit | AUGUST_BURNS_REDDIT
This is pretty relatable. Who among us hasn’t messed up a meal or two because they didn’t understand what was and wasn’t microwave compatible?
29. “Glad I wasn’t working last night”
Reddit | Mrstripes1974
Spilled paint is pretty much the worst thing to spill. Like, you don’t clean it up because it’s paint. All you can really do is paint over it.
30. “Lost both my pair of glasses in a day”
Reddit | yukine7
Glasses wearers know that it’s wise to have an everyday pair as well as a backup. But not many of us have a tertiary pair for when both the other sets fail in one day.