How often do you come across something online and think, “Ugh, I wish I’d thought of that!” If you’re like me, then it happens on a regular basis. Hacks are often so easy that anyone could do them, but it takes some real creative prowess to be innovative enough to come up with them on your own.
But seriously, some of these hacks are so easy and so smart, I don’t know how I didn’t come up with them myself. They might be silly, they might be weird, but honestly, they’re pretty darn smart in their own little ways.
1. How many pill packs do you have just laying around because you lost the packaging?
Twitter | @nicki_benj
Half the time I don’t even know what they are, and it’s a pain to read the small print to try and figure it out by its medical name. Put them in a Crayola crayon package and write on it in marker!
2. Do you ever feel guilty about giving kids candy at Halloween?
Twitter | @RedmondCare
Well, this person felt soooo guilty they decided to make a candy pack to hand out, complete with toothpaste. He only has the kids’ best interest at heart.
3. If you put eggs in a waffle iron for a bit, they come out perfectly cooked and fluffy.
Twitter | @ColbyKGallagher
Not a bad way to have a fancy AF breakfast once in a while!
4. I’m not saying it’s the most attractive look ever, but it definitely works.
Twitter | @KobyHameha
We’ve all put our hands on a way-too-hot steering wheel and cursed our delicate skin. What’s the saying? If the glove fits…?
5. If you’re short on rubber bands, just give this genius hack a shot.
Twitter | @SantinaMuha
Do you know how many rubber bands come with takeout sushi?! Probably more than necessary. But now you have sushi and rubber bands.
6. Instead of painstakingly trying to get that seal off your bottle of soy sauce, just poke holes in it.
Twitter | @GanarlyScott
Okay, I’ll admit this is definitely a hack I’ve done before. And I’m not going to lie, I’d do it again.
7. This McDonald’s hack is genius if you’re a fan of yummy and crunchy French fries.
Twitter | @Dulali_Paws
You just have to ask the McDonald’s crew to fry your fries a second time. Then they’ll be golden brown like they’re supposed to be.
8. The milk container broke and they didn’t have anywhere to put the milk.
Twitter | @Aaliyahbess712
But then they realized they had some empty bottles of Hennessy and filled them up with the milk instead!
9. Use tinfoil if you need AA batteries but only have AAA ones.
YouTube | Top Trending
There’s probably some sort of weird science behind this that I don’t understand, but apparently, it works! I probably wouldn’t do this too often, but in a pinch? It’s perfect!
10. Use a brightly colored piece of fabric to easily identify your luggage when traveling.
Unsplash | Rod Long
This is super key if you have any neutral pieces of luggage, since pretty much everyone else does, too!
11. Isn’t it a pain in the butt to try and fasten a bracelet all on your own?!
Thrifty Fun | Thrifty Fun
Well, a paper clip is your new best friend! It’s actually super easy to use to help hook your bracelet up!
12. Circular shaped muffins are so last year, and these heart-shaped ones are totally in!
Snappy Pixels | Snappy Pixels
All you need is a grape to push the muffin liner in a bit to create the heart shape! They’re definitely super cute!
13. This is a hack I’ve never seen before!
Reddit | cyclopsdvc
It’s a good way to stop your Swiffer broom from constantly falling over in your closet like mine does.
14. This is another amazing closet hack that I can definitely get behind!
Reddit | Persephone2018
I’m always struggling to store my boots somewhere I can see them, but also where they aren’t getting in the way. This is perfect for unused closet space!
15. If you stick your remote into a tennis ball, you’ll never lose it down your couch!
Reddit | mysteryatoms
That is, unless your dog loves tennis balls. Then not only will you never see the remote again, if you do find it, it’ll probably be chewed to shreds.
Still, not a bad idea!
16. Guys, I think I use muffin tins for pretty much everything but muffins.
Reddit | Right_Ahn
They are great for making perfectly portioned meals for on the go, like these chili pucks that were frozen for a week of lunches – genius!
17. If you’re in a pinch and need a glasses case, let this fluffy guy be your savior.
Twitter | @EvilAngel1679
It’s cheap, easy, and sort of brilliant when you think about it. You could probably even use the sock to clean your lenses, too!
18. This hack is pretty silly, but honestly, I’m going to go with it.
Twitter | @Nerdliness
Just leave the sticker that came with the scale (or make your own), and you won’t have to worry about the number on the scale ever again. You look good no matter what the scale tells you!
19. Honestly, this made my morning 100% better.
Twitter | @ReedOmary
If something as healthy as cauliflower can make my breakfast smoothie taste just like ice cream, I am definitely here for it.
20. Sick of your tea bag falling into your travel mug?
Twitter | @RDSBarath
Well, take all those rubber bands you got from your takeout sushi and put them to good use here!
21. A banana stand isn’t much good if you’ve only got one banana!
Twitter | @_TylerAnderson_
But, it’s not actually the end of the world. Just use the hook and push it through the top of the last banana!
22. How often are you forgetting your contact lens case when you need it the most?
Twitter | @Elyse_Kuhn
I’m never throwing these out again! It’s the perfect solution for holding your lenses. You can even mark “L” and “R” on the outside!
23. This one needs to be part of Guiness World Life Hacks 2019.
Reddit | cjslc1
I just made that up, although it really should exist!
But there’s truly nothing worse than queso dip that’s starting to get cold.
A candle warmer will keep it warm all night!
24. No room for a Christmas tree? No problem.
Instagram | @jagerpom
Living in small quarters means you have to get creative.
If your abode can’t fit a Christmas tree, simply create a hanging one the is sure to fit on at least one wall in your home!
25. If you’re a perfectionist Virgo like I am, then hanging pictures on walls is an absolute nightmare.
Reddit | [deleted]
Making marks on painter’s tape of where the nails lay will ensure your wall doesn’t become decorated with a bajillion holes.
26. Moving can be the worst.
Reddit | andomusefulbits
But this hack makes it a tad bit easier!
Instead of packing each individual piece of clothing from your closet into heavy boxes, just wrap ’em up, hangers and all, in garbage bags.
They’ll be ready for your new closet in absolutely no time.
27. I mean, it’s not pretty, but it sure gets the job done!
Reddit | griffinonthego
Hopefully your laptop hinge won’t ever break, but if it does, try taping a photo frame backing to it.
28. Would you give this one a try?
Instagram | @pinotspaletteaddison
I don’t know if it’s safe, but for some toasty slices of pizza I might be willing to risk everything.
29. We’ve been eating fast food all wrong.
Instagram | @one17se7en
Just when you thought you couldn’t multitask…
30. It’s sort of hard to see what’s going on, but this person is making pasta in a coffee maker.
Who knew a coffee maker wasn’t exclusively for coffee?
31. This person is living in 3020.
Phone holder, who? This is really a hash brown holder.
32. Toothpaste apparently works great as a permanent marker remover for whiteboards.
Twitter | @michelle_martha
What the heck is in this stuff?!
33. Flip your ketchup bottle upside down and add a tiny bit of water to get the most out of it.
Twitter | @DominicLai1
I’ve always done that, but never quite like this! I’d flip it upside down, but I’ve never tried putting water in it. Genius!
34. Raise your hand if you’ve ever broken a cork into a bottle of perfectly good wine?
Twitter | @Russw777
Now I don’t even feel bad about this! If you want to make sure you aren’t drinking pieces of cork, use a coffee filter to pour the perfect glass.